Senior Software Engineer - Robotics
Third Wave Automation
Third Wave Automation is a rapidly growing startup that has demonstrated its core technology components, proven its market fit, and just closed its Series B funding. If you are excited about cutting edge machine learning, robotics that affects the real world, and want to join a company where your skills can have a huge impact, you’ll fit right in.
Third Wave Automation is applying modern machine learning to materials handling—delivering site-specific forklift navigation and infrastructure-free pallet handling that continuously adapts to changing floor configuration and warehouse demand.
Third Wave Automation is looking for a software engineer to help us build reliable robots ready to be deployed to customer warehouses. As a senior robotics software engineer you will be instrumental in developing a robust and efficient robot with scale in mind. This role will require you to work with technologies responsible for motion planning and control for robot movement throughout the warehouse.
How You Can Make an Impact
- Design and develop motion planning and control algorithms
- Write high-quality (documented, tested, maintainable) C++ code.
- Own the process starting from rapid prototyping to deploying robust code on the robots in a production environment.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Solid industry experience in planning and decision making approaches (e.g., optimal control, collision-free motion planning, probabilistic decision making)
- Production-quality coding skills in C++. Experience with Python.
- Knowledge of linear algebra, computational geometry, or numerical methods.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working in the Automotive industry.
- Experience with ML including modern deep-learning based approaches.
- Experience in solving non-linear optimization problems.
The pay range for this position is $160,000 - $200,000/yr +benefits+equity; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.
More About Working Here
Our Core Values:
- Safety. We consider safety in everything we do.
- People. We care about our teammates as people.
- Encouragement. We encourage teaching, asking questions, and sharing opinions.
- Transparency. We are transparent and sincere in our actions.
A robust set of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401k matching program, to boot!
- Flexible working schedule. Be productive when you work best.
- Show & Tell. We love to learn from one another, and see the cool stuff everyone is working on!
- Meals are covered. Lunch is provided every day, and dinner for those evenings that run long.
- Stacks of snacks. Donuts are a main food group, and the snack shelf is always stocked with a wide variety of items.
- Great teammates. One of the best parts of working here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We value each person's expertise and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.