Senior Software Engineer
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Senior Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Day in the Life:
- As a Senior Engineer, you will work with your squad team members (local + remote) to ensure that implementations are consistent with the overall Engineering team strategy.
- You will work closely with the Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- You will contribute to the design and architecting of cutting-edge tools and technologies while maintaining the existing stack.
- You will guide team development efforts toward successful sprint delivery.
- You will maintain high software quality standards within the team by establishing good habits and practices.
- You will provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- 6+ years of Full-stack Web development.
- 1+ years of experience with React or TypeScript.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is an asset.
- Mobile experience and React Native experience is an asset.
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- 6+ years of experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining microservice-based systems is a bonus.
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirement management and roadmap development with product managers
- Have a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly on your own
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- WeWork Office - Amenities and Perks
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
In compliance with the British Columbia Pay Transparency Act, the base salary range for this role is between $120,000-$160,000 CAD in British Columbia. This range is not inclusive of our equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.