Staff Software Engineer
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our Engagement team. This role will report to the Engineering Manager for Engagement.
Day in the Life:
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work with your squad team members (local + remote) to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Engineering team strategy.
- You will work closely with your squad’s Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- You have advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rail, Nodejs or React or AWS serverless technologies that offer the advancement of our codebase on stability and scalability.
- Design and architecting of cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack
- Participate in architecture board review with other squads’ new feature architecture technical reviews.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful sprint delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good habits and practices.
- Provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Lead having led systems/ architecture design from inception to execution within an Engineering team
- 5+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- 5+ years of experience in working in an Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirement management and roadmap development with product managers
- Have a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams across multiple timezones
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly on your own
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc
Our tech stacks are:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails / Nodejs
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Database: PostgreSQL / MongoDB/ Redis
- Infra: AWS / Terraform / Microservice / Kafka / Elasticsearch
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- WeWork Office - Amenities and Perks
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
In compliance with the British Columbia Pay Transparency Act, the base salary range for this role is between $150,000-$200,000 CAD in British Columbia. This range is not inclusive of our equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.