Senior Software Engineer
You are a seasoned Software Engineer with a strong background in application and infrastructure security. You advocate for and practice test-driven development (TDD) to ensure the delivery of high-quality, reliable software. You have a particular interest or expertise in the Fintech sector and you are always up to date with the latest industry trends. Your technical skills are complemented by your ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the following NodeJS development frameworks: Express, NestJS, Django or Flask, with experience in developing high-performance and high-availability backend systems.
- Strong foundation in programming principles and design patterns.
- Experience with Test-DrivenDevelopment(TDD) as part of a commitment to quality software development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB, have comprehensive understanding of the decision-making process between SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of caching mechanisms such as Redis or Memcached.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated experience in designing distributed system with a holistic perspective.
- Keep up with the latest technological trends and continuously improve productivity.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Understanding of DevOps principles and methodologies.
- Prior experience in the Fintech sector or with Fintech products, such as Payroll or Payment is highly desirable
- A position within a mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empowering deskless workers and local businesses
- The opportunity to become an early employee at a Series B startup,working alongside the founding team and industry veterans to help shape the company's future
- A competitive salary, complemented by an equity stake in the company
- Performance-based year-end bonuses to reward hard work and dedication
- Unlimited PTO, allowing you to take the time you need to recharge and perform at your best.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.