Senior Staff Software Engineer
Workstream is a SaaS company that addresses the top pain point of the local businesses around you: hiring, managing, and retaining qualified workers. We are a mission-based organization that enables these local businesses to hire faster with texting, cutting their time to engage, hire, and onboard hourly workers in half. There are 2.7 billion hourly workers, who make up 80% of the global workforce, but they've been heavily underserved by technology and deserve better.
Our customers include leading brands from multiple sectors, including McDonald's, Burger King, Jamba Juice, 7-Eleven, Uber, and FedEx. At series B, we are quickly expanding our product portfolio. We are backed by legendary VCs and industry experts like Founders Fund, BOND, and Coatue.
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We seek a talented Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will join our HR Platform team working on a new comprehensive worker HR management tool that encompasses the end-to-end lifecycle of deskless workers. This role will report to the Engineering Manager for HR Platform.
This team owns various services and features including:
- Identity and access management
- Multi-factor authentication
- Single sign-on
- Authentication workflows
- Employee system of record
- Core HR workflows, etc
Day in the Life:
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges, and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Work with team members to design and ship high-performing data models and products
- Lead the push towards an event-based architecture by architecting cutting-edge tools and technologies while maintaining the existing stack.
- Collaborate with other teams across Workstream to support and scale HRIS and related products.
- Provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching.
Who You Are:
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale HRIS-related products.
- 7+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor in full-stack web development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a nice to have.
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Possess a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams is an asset
Our tech stacks are:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails / Nodejs
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Database: PostgreSQL / Redis / DynamoDB / MongoDB
- Infra: AWS / Terraform / Kubernetes / Protobuf / Kafka / Elasticsearch
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- WeWork Office - Amenities and Perks
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
In compliance with the British Columbia Pay Transparency Act and California Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $170,000-$250,000 USD. This range is not inclusive of our equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.